Page Previews

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Here we go 2011....

Day 5

A great afternoon of looking at Apple computers, eating at TGIF's and ending up at Uccello's to watch a Arsenal/Man City game.   Unfortunately the game wasn't that entertaining but hey, what do ya do.



Day 4 (Okay, I'm not as ambitious anymore. Down to 1 photo)

After watching The King of Kong, a documentary about people competing for the World Records on Arcade games, and attempting to play it on our pc's (which was rubbish), a few of us headed to a local arcade/bar to see what potential we had.  I believe Teresa and I get too stressed out while playing arcade games. As for Aaron and Enda, they might have some hope.




Day 3

On our way back from a great night at Graydon's Enda and I decided to make some friendly greetings for my roommates.








 Day 2

I'm on a roll! Here we go! 2 more pics for day 2!

So this is my first season of running in the snow.  So far no major accidents, but winters in Michigan last a long time....



Our family portrait. Happy Holidays from the Union House (and Galway, Ireland)!






January Theme:

This year I decided I wanted a more structured 365 project and decided  to pick a different theme for each month.   Each theme will be a skill that I want to work on, so this month I chose Black and White.   I hope you enjoy the blog as I embark on a new photography journey through 2011.

Day 1 January 1, 2011

To bring in the New Years, a group of us went out to Mangiamos! and then headed to the Wiechel's for some drinks and snacks. We brought in the New Year with Dick Clark and the New Kids on the Block....2011 should be interesting to say the least.




Since this is the new year I figure I'll start big by uploading 2 pics for the day :) Ambitious, I know.  The second picture is taken while watching the Griffins play, our local hockey team (and fittingly also my boyfriends last name). We went with some friends who were more than willing to fill Enda (and myself) in on the rules of hockey, and explain why there are so many fights and why the refs don't break them up until they are laying on the ice....It was a cultural experience for Enda to say the least.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your new approach to the 365 day challenge - and am a big fan of black and white.

As you guys, we've had our fair share of snow down here this winter, too. Yet, I can't seem to get enough of it! I guess that's why the little snowmen is my favourite picture of the set.

On a side note - I adore your "new" haircut that you might have had for months but... hey, we don't see each other in person as much as I'd like!

Anonymous said...

-said Jana; no idea why it got published under anonymous :)